Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Forums are in read-only mode while restoration work continues. The great news is that this is on a new server! Still much work remains to be done. You will continue to see many errors, which are all known issues at this time.
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"PUT AWAY THOSE FIREY BISCUTS !"
KRO - 12.25.12, 8:29 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
Oh , I dont think the Sidewinder is rated for much more than 60-70a continious ... Still 80 isnt bad IMO for the fact that Castle is a good company to deal with and has one of the best warranties in the biz ....
My collection:
E LST2 ,TEN SCTE , Mini 8ight , Micro SCT , Mini E REVO , ERBE , B44 , Tekno EB48 , Tekno SCT410 , 5ive T
All brushless ! ELECTRIC RIPS AND NITRO DRIPS ! But GAS is top of the class ! Put away those fiery biscuits !
"302 cubic inch"
Skitter302 - 12.25.12, 10:39 pm Post #22: | Reply With Quote
Waterproof ya say!!?!! Perfect!
BrushLess RiPs, NiTRO DriPs.
"Experienced user"
Drey - 12.26.12, 8:51 pm Post #23: | Reply With Quote
The most interesting part of this to me is the fact they havn't done anything to the Mamba Max Pro yet...

Maybe they are finally upgrading the BEC. Or who knows maybe they are going to kill it off for a new release.

Knowing my luck probably nothing of the sort haha.
Why do I love Shortcourse...because of the looks you get from the guys that forgot RC Racing is for fun!

CowRC.com Team Moo-Volution Sponsored Driver
"Experienced user"
Machine-_Man - 12.29.12, 1:25 pm Post #24: | Reply With Quote
So will the repair prices go down for the original MM?
"casual master mechanic"
gnrkenny - 12.29.12, 3:12 pm Post #25: | Reply With Quote
I wonder of the sv3 would be able to run the 1410 on 3s without heat issues.
I hate curbs
"Experienced user"
TheJohn - 12.30.12, 1:09 am Post #26: | Reply With Quote
I don't run my vehicles in the water and mud ever but what i really want it the direct motor plugs on the sidewinder 3
"Experienced user"
Drewderzslash - 12.31.12, 2:03 am Post #27: | Reply With Quote
junk unless they fix/update/beef-up the 2 amp BEC they throw in these things
-1 from me
Andrew T. Larson
"Experienced user"
iHasRc - 12.31.12, 12:09 pm Post #28: | Reply With Quote
does anyone know what the BEC amp rating claims to be? The website conveniently leaves this info out...
"Experienced user"
Rafwheat - 1.01.13, 1:41 pm Post #29: | Reply With Quote
For the Money, I'll stay with the HobbyWing WP-SC8 ESC and its solid 6V 3Amp BEC;

1.1 Output: Continuous 120A, burst 760A;
1.2 Input: 6-12 cells NiMH/NiCd or 2-4S Lipo;
1.3 BEC Output: 6V/3A (Switching mode);
1.4 Resistance: 0.0004 Ohm;
1.5 Motor Supported: Sensorless Brushless Motor;

HobbyWing WP-SC8 Information

Take care & have fun RC'n!
Stampede 4X4, Slash 4X4 based MT Build, Slash 4X4 based E-Revo(I Love this Hobby!)
"Experienced user"
AbSoLooT - 1.03.13, 12:28 pm Post #30: | Reply With Quote
I disagree with the above statement. Il pay the extra, to have the brand name and support. Hobbywing products are okay, however Id take the Waterproof Mamba Monster anyday. Plus I also very much prefer the Castle Link. I have heard bad things about Hobbywings customer service. id rather be able to pay a small cost to get my ESC replaced/fixed if i break.

I LOVE this... Except I dont know why they forgot to do a Mamba Max Pro Waterproof esc?!!! Hopefully its in the works

I LOVE they did this with the Mamba Monster however... This will make tons of RCs waterproof... All the 8th scales. E-Revos, Etc.... This would be perfect for a summit n such also.

Now if only they'd release more than 2 waterproof Servos!!!!!!!!!
(Last edited by AbSoLooT : 1.03.13 at 12:41 pm)