Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Forums are in read-only mode while restoration work continues. The great news is that this is on a new server! Still much work remains to be done. You will continue to see many errors, which are all known issues at this time.
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 11.07.12, 7:38 am Post #31: | Reply With Quote
also notice they are including front a rear metal diff gears, that is VERY promising!
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Not the bees!"
candre23 - 11.07.12, 7:45 am Post #32: | Reply With Quote
And 12mm hexes will give you a lot of wheel options. As long as this comes in at a reasonable price, it could be a real winner.
My collection: sites.google.com/site/chipsrcgarage
"I don't have a Slash anymore."
Slashowner2wd - 11.07.12, 7:57 am Post #33: | Reply With Quote
They come with metal and plastic versions too. That intrests me. If Jang reviews this and say it's good I'll definetly buy it. And they come with brushless and brushed.
If you ask me where one year's worth of money went I will tell you to go to my hobby shop.
Team Associated SC10 FT / Ofna LX2e / Team Associated TC4
"Vacationing user"
Traxxas711 - 11.07.12, 8:03 am Post #34: | Reply With Quote
Any Idea of a release date from nitrorcx, I will buy the buggy and rally version!
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 11.07.12, 8:22 am Post #35: | Reply With Quote
I love the idea that there are other 1/14 Rally bodies out there to choose from and they will likely fit this car:
http://www.specialstages.com/acatalo..._WRC_Cars.html

http://parts.nikko.eu/types.php?classid=55&familyid=7

(Last edited by BillDeLong : 11.07.12 at 8:43 am)
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Not the bees!"
candre23 - 11.07.12, 8:41 am Post #36: | Reply With Quote
BillDeLong said
I love the idea that there are other 1/14 Rally bodies out there to choose from and they will likely fit this car:
http://www.specialstages.com/acatalo..._WRC_Cars.html
I want to believe, but I it seems very unlikely. The WB/width is 225mm/210mm - almost square. There are several tamiya and HPI M-chassis bodies with a 225mm wheelbase, but the width is only 175-180mm. Those Nikko shells are proper scale, which would make them far too narrow to fit this chassis, even if the WB was spot on.
"Experienced user"
everydayskid - 11.07.12, 8:49 am Post #37: | Reply With Quote
They should make one in 1/10th scale. /than i'd buy one to try out 4wd buggies.
Traxxas Revo 3.3, Losi SCTE, AE B4.1 Worlds, OFNA Hyper 8.5, Tamiya TA-05 IFS
"Retired racer. Old guy."
Driver86 - 11.07.12, 9:00 am Post #38: | Reply With Quote
theJANG said
I have to admit that looks reeeeeeeeeeally cool to me. Clearly very extremely strongly inspired by the Mini-8, but fingers crossed, hopefully it has no copied parts.
First thing I thought as well. If it's priced right and not cheap built then they won't be able to build them fast enough. imo the mini8 and the Vendetta are both way overpriced.
I officially have too many vehicles to fit in this sig.
Brands I own: Associated, Duratrax, Exceed, Losi, RedCat, Silverlit, Syma, Tamiya, Tomy, Traxxas, Turnigy, Xmods and several generics
"Not the bees!"
candre23 - 11.07.12, 9:26 am Post #39: | Reply With Quote
If it's under $200, it will be fair. If it's under $150, they'll sell like hotcakes.

This is assuming there isn't some horrible design flaw somewhere that makes it borderline unusable. That is also assuming that Tacon (or somebody in the states) actually does start selling them. We are getting pretty worked up over a single facebook picture here...
"Experienced user"
Legoman - 11.07.12, 12:57 pm Post #40: | Reply With Quote
If this thing is fairly durable, I think I will buy it. Looks very interesting.