I have a couple granite trucks. From what I have experienced you will need a few upgrades.
1. Servo - looks like you're on top of that.
2. Front ball ends pop off too easy. DUBRO part #2321 fixes that issue.
3. You will need a brushless ESC to be compatible with your novak motor. The stock esc will not handle brushless. Lots of options.
4. The stock pinion and driveshaft should be fine.
5. You will probably need stronger dogbones. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1235&search=Go
6. Diff - read this thread... http://forum.goforit-rc.com/showthre...-MIP-Ball-diff
Oh my....the whole differential needs to be replaced for brushless setup ?
So the stock differential will quickly disentegrate using a brushless setup ?
Has anyone come up with a 100% positive fix for the differential that lasts a longtime ?
If so , can all those parts be purchased from one vendor and is it a easy thing to fix/replace ?
I midas well do it before I get the Granite all dirty....and make sure the differential is ready for brushless right from the start.
I did read the differential thread, but it looks like its still a work in progress and that its uncertain if that mod is a permanent fix.