Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Forums are in read-only mode while restoration work continues. The great news is that this is on a new server! Still much work remains to be done. You will continue to see many errors, which are all known issues at this time.
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 7.31.12, 10:43 pm Post #21: | Reply With Quote
If you move the a-arms backward by removing the spacers, you've effectively shortened the wheelbase by the amount of spacers moved. When I was running the baby-wide mod with Slash rear arms in the front, I tried it in all three configurations: two spacers in front, one on either side, and two spacers back. The longest wheelbase was the most progressive, the shortest was the most linear. I generally preferred it in the middle, one spacer per side. Traxxas shock pistons, drilled out slightly to accomodate the hinge pins, are almost the perfect thickness.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 7.31.12, 10:59 pm Post #22: | Reply With Quote
Alright sounds great, I'll definitely try the more extreme change first (spacers rear) plus i'll save myself the effort of drilling then switch to the midrange spacer (front and back) if it still won't steer correctly... then if that doesn't help, the RC gods have simply turned their backs on me.
"きりと"
hazardouschurch - 7.31.12, 11:38 pm Post #23: | Reply With Quote
white one is a blitz the other one is the older smaller ball stud i have broken 1 smaller one and 2 or 3 blitz ones
CARNAGE
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 8.01.12, 12:42 am Post #24: | Reply With Quote
are there special blitz screws that they pop onto? or are they regular alans?
i just don't understand how or what the ball ends actually go on lol
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 8.01.12, 1:33 am Post #25: | Reply With Quote

The use a 5.5mm nutdriver, just like the 3mm locknuts. The associated ballstuds from the SC10 4x4 use broached ballstuds, where you insert a 2mm allen right into the end of the ball itself.

The drawback to both: with the Blitz/Firestorm stuff you need to switch to 3mm turnbuckles, and with the SC10 4x4 stuff you need 3.5mm. The AE setup would cost a few dollars more, but it sure is beefy.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 8.01.12, 2:21 am Post #26: | Reply With Quote
ahhh this makes much more sense now, I always wondered how that worked!
great thank you for all this info, if shifting the front arms back doesn't work, i'll install some ball ends in hopes to give the steering a little more push... granted this probably wouldn't drastically change anything... but i like to think it might
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 8.02.12, 8:55 pm Post #27: | Reply With Quote
So today was a good day, Dr. Isotopes arm shift idea worked great, the steering is much better now, very satisfied. Suspension worked very well, little stiff, but was running nicely. Then we drove out to our spot to take pictures... then of course the inevitable happened... so here's some shots of me repairing my truck! haha and a full aluminum gas revo with a race engine.

So I initially thought my spur gear stripped.. but once i got inside the cover it was obviously an internal planetary gear. So I was disappointed, but it happens... More updates tomorrow as to how I fix the gears!
(Last edited by GUTSLAYER : 8.02.12 at 8:58 pm)
"the vw guy"
slash bash - 8.03.12, 12:12 am Post #28: | Reply With Quote
it's always the darn transmission. Last week i was getting the transmision fixed and then I drove and the transmissio gears kept breaking so i checked my slipper clutch and realized that it was torqued down and lossened it. but i know that sinking feeling when a transmission gear breaks and you realize that your day is over.):
hpi RS4 nitro 2
Slash 2wd
project streetbus
assorted half-working toy grades for hauling on my new trailer
"Experienced user"
Super B - 8.03.12, 12:35 am Post #29: | Reply With Quote
Depending on your parts bin and lhs, it could be a day or days with a tranny breakage.
Family motto "Go Big or Go Home" & "Hey Y'all Watch This"
2wd Slash Raptor on Jumbo Kongs "Big Foot"
Custom LCG 2wd slash
Wroncho
R1 "The Money Pit"
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 8.03.12, 2:03 am Post #30: | Reply With Quote
The parts are cheap and plentiful. So cheap, my laziness overcomes my cheapness. Why clean out a diff when you can build a whole new one for under 15 bucks? I think we probably have 4-5 extra complete diffs, and at least 4 sets of internals beyond that. A few spare idlers, and a couple topshaft gears. And most of it will never get used. Because once you buy spares, THE UNIVERSE STOPS BREAKING YOUR STUFF, SO IT CAN LAUGH AT YOU INSTEAD.