Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Forums are in read-only mode while restoration work continues. The great news is that this is on a new server! Still much work remains to be done. You will continue to see many errors, which are all known issues at this time.
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 1.09.12, 10:38 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
This is the unboxing of my first Traxxas Summit RTR 1/10th or 1/8th scale (depending upon who you ask) electric RC monster truck.

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"Experienced user"
HateLesS - 1.09.12, 10:39 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
you got a 1/10th real monster o0
Hope for the best Expect the worst
"Maaaaaad"
4x4CRlSPY - 1.09.12, 10:44 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I guessed it fully wrong!!
nice though, and 'bout time!!
We do have a lot in common- The same earth, the same air, the same sky... maybe if we started looking at what's the same rather than what's different... well who knows.
-Meowth
"Experienced user"
nabilmalik - 1.09.12, 11:04 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Welcome Bro to Summit.. I am so glad that you got one. I have always wanted you to get one, use it stock, then start the conversion process, going to brushless, and then the creative changes. I have only, and use it for trail running in stock form, and with minor modifications (brushless + p1 rockers + pruple springs + big joes) convert it to the ultimate basher. Fantastic. My future projects include converting it to an e-revo and then perhaps an onroad speedster.

So glad to see you getting this one..

BTW, the ESC does not have LVC. Will need to use external Low Volts alarm or some thing similar with the lipos.

Also, you will be safe with 2x2s=4s. Going with 2s+3s=5s is also possible (the esc can take it, with 2s being on the BEC side of the esc), but the motor is know not to really like it.

Also, since its a brushed motor, some motor breakin would be good if you want it to last longer (though I don't know why would you want to delay the excuse to get a Dewalt motor, or perhaps a brushless system).
(Last edited by theJANG : 1.09.12 at 11:08 pm) Reason: merged back-to-back posts - please use the Edit button to add to an existing message
"Experienced user"
WAY - 1.09.12, 11:16 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Although it has no LVC, you can use the lights as an indicator. If the light goes off when you start moving, it's time to stop. Works for me. 2x2s makes the truck a bit faster, but I think it needs brushless to make it come alive. I'm keen to see what you do there as mine still have the stock brushed motor. Maybe you could try the DeWalt motor.
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 1.09.12, 11:32 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Certainly wasn't expecting that... What made you decide to go out and buy one? It's been on the market for quite some time already, and there's no shortage of reviews.
"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.'- Wayne Gretzky"

-Michael Scott
"Regular user"
Xslash insanity - 1.09.12, 11:33 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
E-slayer PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!
"Life is an Experiment"
fastvxl - 1.09.12, 11:48 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
In my RC fleet it is the truck I have the most fun!! I crawl with it , go through mud, water and just about anything. It runs about 28-30mph but thats plenty fast for it's purpose!! Also Jang add the roof rack LED's it makes a hugh difference at night. I also run Pro-Line 3.8 Trenchers with TMX wheels. They really help with traction!! All around fun truck!!

fastvxl
(Last edited by fastvxl : 11.07.12 at 1:15 am)
We do not stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.
"Maaaaaad"
4x4CRlSPY - 1.09.12, 11:49 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
*Reasons to give it to me once your done..............................................................
We do have a lot in common- The same earth, the same air, the same sky... maybe if we started looking at what's the same rather than what's different... well who knows.
-Meowth
"Experienced user"
WAY - 1.10.12, 12:41 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Here is ours driven by my little boy at the beach and in the water recently. It's a fun little rig for sure. To be honest, at first I didn't appreciate it as I felt it was too slow and cumbersome. But over time I start appreciating what is was truly build to do! I have trencher X/desperado wheels coming for it. Can't wait!