Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Forums are in read-only mode while restoration work continues. The great news is that this is on a new server! Still much work remains to be done. You will continue to see many errors, which are all known issues at this time.
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"bring me a shrubbery"
Ratrodsuzuki - 12.17.11, 11:45 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
Replace the stock progressive springs (on the slash) with regular linear springs. Makes a decent difference. Traxxas steering servos are just like their other electronics, hit or miss, I find it more the 2075 servos that are screwy, the 2056 ones are usually fine.
dustyhubsrc.com
☆breaking rc cars since 2001☆

"Experienced user"
Alstare - 12.18.11, 12:14 am Post #12: | Reply With Quote
Thanks I will have to look into linear springs and some suggest ones to use... thanks again!
"bring me a shrubbery"
Ratrodsuzuki - 12.18.11, 9:55 am Post #13: | Reply With Quote
http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17347

losi spring chart.
dustyhubsrc.com

"For her pleasure user"
kingkong559 - 12.18.11, 10:49 am Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Rat- since you like to get carried away when talking about rc Just kidding.. Can you explain why it's important to use different spring at different rate and for what condition? Thanks in advance
Automotive/Motorcycle enthusiast
49ERS
Gone fishing on the weekend. Don't bother me.

Opinions are like @holes, everyone has one.
"Experienced user"
Shilo - 12.18.11, 12:07 pm Post #15: | Reply With Quote
Can i put the esc and titan 12t motor from my new stampede into a torment? i want to go brushless on my stampede but wud like to use the old stuff for my sons torment...

any proven B L systems for my pede? 100 /under (well under wud be nice)
thanks
"For her pleasure user"
kingkong559 - 12.18.11, 1:25 pm Post #16: | Reply With Quote
Ratrodsuzuki- thanks.. Looked at them already.. Somewhat helpful and I understand why it's only somewhat helpful.. Or maybe I'm wrong. Either way I will just have get a set and find out which ones work the best.. For now the aluminum ecx will do.
49ERS

"For her pleasure user"
kingkong559 - 12.18.11, 2:18 pm Post #17: | Reply With Quote
RRS- You're the man.. The go to guy.. That's what it should say under your avatar..
49ERS

"bring me a shrubbery"
Ratrodsuzuki - 12.18.11, 2:31 pm Post #18: | Reply With Quote

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

dustyhubsrc.com

"Experienced user"
Shilo - 12.18.11, 2:55 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
[quote=Ratrodsuzuki;1214712]@ shilo- the traxxas stuff should be fine to go into the torment. just remember to reprogram the esc to the transmitter and check the steering to make sure it turns the right way before you run. if you have a bit of patience, you can go to hobbypartz.com and get a reasonable bl combo. if you dont mind waiting a few weeks, hobby king has some decent deals. otherwise there is ckhobby, nitrorcx, once in awhile stormer hobbies has some good deals. when looking, look for a minimum 60a esc and 3000-4000kv motor with a "3650" in its part description.

@kk559- lol, i could go on, but i find it is sometimes easier to suggest.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultimate.../0/aQykao20ifw

thnks again RR...how fast is HOBBYPARTZ shipping?

How do you reprogram the esc? what happens if the steering is backwards?

should i buy 20c or 30c batteries in Lipo?

I put my titan 12t, 2s lipo (only for a minute or 2), and pede wheels on my boys torment just to see what it wud do...it went faster but not as fast as in the pede...does it have to do with the speed controller in his keeping it slower?
TTTTHHHHHAAAAANNNNKKKKK YYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUU!!!!!!
"Experienced user"
Shilo - 12.18.11, 3:08 pm Post #20: | Reply With Quote
AS far as B L goes, i think you (RRS) recommended (on another thread), a Tacon 3650 llt ($24.09) and H Wing ez-run 60-sL version 2), i found it all at at hobbypartz for about $75...is this still the best bang for the buck? does hobbypartz have the quickest shipping or ?