Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Forums are in read-only mode while restoration work continues. The great news is that this is on a new server! Still much work remains to be done. You will continue to see many errors, which are all known issues at this time.
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 1.08.13, 11:28 pm Post #161: | Reply With Quote
I've had that thing on for years and never once had an issue bashing my slash. Granted I never jumped off buildings / run it head on into trees, it has had its fair share of brutal roll overs, failed jumps, and just abuse.

I mean yes there certainly is a possibility of ripping the bumper mount off your gear box / breaking that bar the mount physically mounts to, but if you're hitting something that hard / fast, I highly doubt that'll be your only broken part. You could also break the spare tire landing on it i guess, but like I said, I've never had a single issue with it :P
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 4.10.13, 5:18 am Post #162: | Reply With Quote
Well I haven't completely fallen off the earth... I've just been busy with school and things of that matter.

I got a chance to get the GS1 running at 100% and ran it at SDRC for a solid few hours and was very pleased. While it handles like a boss, I simply drive like a bad :P but it's always fun.

I apologize for the poor quality of this video as is was just taken on my iphone. I'm only around 1/2 - 3/4 throttle in acceleration because I had my barcodes on and didn't wanna put excessive wear of them for shear ignorance. Anyways enjoy the short clip

http://youtu.be/UYJ83RYsniI

I've also recently painted a new body for eBay sales that ended this past Sunday and I was very pleased with the latest scheme. Additionally I have painted a J-concepts hi-flow truggy body for a buddy, but he has yet to put the decals on so there are no pictures yet

and lastly a pictureof the Rogue GS1 during repairs. I can sucessfully say that the custom ESC heat sink as well as the 3Racing heat sink and RPM aluminum gear box plate in unison with Antec Silver thermal paste have dropped temperatures SIGNIFICANTLY. I constantly found myself over heating after 1-2 batteries on the VXL with a 3s. However with all this new cooling and 32p gearing (15:54) temperatures are lower than ever.

(Last edited by GUTSLAYER : 4.10.13 at 5:31 am)
"Experienced user"
trashyrich - 4.10.13, 6:41 am Post #163: | Reply With Quote
I saw that body on E Bay and wondered if it was your work. Looks good. I like that carbon fiber look.

And the truck is looking great. Cant wait to see it in action.

PM me if you have time to talk about painted bodies.

Thanks,
Rich
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 4.10.13, 12:23 pm Post #164: | Reply With Quote
thanks a lot man, always appreciate the compliments

the truck is certainly doing well and performing better than ever!

I sent you a message, feel free to contact me
"Experienced user"
rcnutjob - 4.10.13, 3:08 pm Post #165: | Reply With Quote
how did you widen the stance on the front
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 4.11.13, 3:00 am Post #166: | Reply With Quote
Up front the GS1 runs the protrac front a arms with protrac renegade wheels for maximum offset. Additionally I am using RC10 linkages with ball cups and HR castors with RPM axle carriers.

The front of the vehicle is stock slash width to meet ROAR requirements
"Experienced user"
seanycool - 4.11.13, 9:01 pm Post #167: | Reply With Quote
wow man, this is an amazing build. i built my own lcg chassis out of aluminum that turned out to be too thin, and it actually turned out really well, except that the aluminum bent way too easily. i have to say, it's definitely tough to do, aligning holes, cutting, drilling, measuring, but it is really rewarding in the end to know you fabricated your very own chassis and that it works well. i will admit i'm jealous of yours though. :P
"Experienced user"
optimuslime - 4.12.13, 8:59 am Post #168: | Reply With Quote
Looks awesome, I love these custom slashes. I've been thinking about building one. Might use some inspiration from yours.
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 4.13.13, 6:50 pm Post #169: | Reply With Quote
seanycool: Haha thanks man I really appreciate the compliments! Such a shame to hear about your unfortunate bending; if my chassis broke I would be devastated to be honest :P What thickness aluminum did you use for your build and did you brace it with any L-bars or a double deck? Or did you just run it flat.

optimuslime: Thanks man, I would be thrilled to know you used my design as a plat form to make your own chassis. If you ever want to commit to a build feel free to message me regarding specifics or advice on the build, I would love to discuss your build with you, as I have worked with quite a few URC members :0

No updates on the GS1 for the time being, it's currently decommissioned until mid-June when I finish up with my current engineering senior design class. Fortunately my body painting is still going strong below is a J-concepts Illuzion - Hot Bodies Ve8 - Hi-Flow body for his 1:8 buggy. He wanted a murdered out look, so I added carbon fiber stripes on the hood and rear side panels. While you may not be able to see them in the pictures, in person the carbon fiber stripes are beyond epic. I also added a Punisher theme.. because what screamed murdered out more than the Punisher?!?!

"Experienced user"
trashyrich - 4.15.13, 2:26 pm Post #170: | Reply With Quote
Nice job on that body. Makes me excited to see mine.
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.